found HERE). Thanks for looking.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
I did my fall ones with regular burlap I cut to size, it worked but not nearly as well. The weave is bigger and hot glue can go though a bit, so if you use that, you need a piece of card stock between the bottom layer and the candy bars, and you need some tough fingers -hot glue is really hot. Either way, it does need to be a tight sleeve to keep the bars from slipping out. All you need then, is some cute tags and ribbon which I wrapped around the whole thing to ensure bars are held tight. I used up some fall leaves I already had and then made some elements from my Happy Haunting and Pumpkin Carving cartridges. Now I have a bunch of treats ready to give out, and less chocolate at my disposal for sampling.
Friday, October 10, 2014
I also made my first watercolor card this week. I ordered a small watercolor set from Amazon (prime is a dangerous thing). I sketched the leaf and colored on watercolor paper and just wrote the hello - no stamping.
My big accomplishment this week in the craftroom was making a bathrobe. I have been sewing lately, but not clothing (if a robe is clothing). My friend wanted another one like one she had, but couldn't find one. So we cut it up and made it into a pattern. I'm feelin' pretty good about that project! I will post photos when we finish hers. Thanks for looking