There are just a ton of free stencil type images available for use with your SCAL and cricut. For paper piecing, these images don't work well, but for creating a faux glass mosaic, they are perfect. This image was from the free font wwspringtime which has a BUNCH that will work with this technique. If your a stamper, you've probably done something similar with stamped/embossed images (its is one of my long time favorite techniques), if not...here's how:
1. Cut you stencil type image with your cricut and trim to size.
2. Flip your image over and attach a piece of velum paper over the cutout image.
3. Color the open areas of the image, you don't need to be neat about it, errors will not show (that's why its my favorite, see photo below)
4. Mat your image - different colors of mat will change the look, just experiment until you have the look you like.
5. Mount to card and embellish.This is the back side before adding a mat, you can see you do NOT need to be very careful with the coloring .